Potatoes? Check. Green onions? Check. Cheese? Check. Pepper Jack cheese? Perfect.
This is great, we love it, it's easy even though it has a long baking time, and we would definitely make it again.
Pepper Jack Stuffed Potatoes
Cabot Cheese advertisement
4 medium baking potatoes
1/2 cup sliced green onions
1 teaspoon canola oil
1 cup low-fat (1%) cottage cheese
2 teaspoons 1% milk
1/2 teaspoon “lite” salt
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 cup grated Cabot 50% Reduced Fat Pepper Jack
Paprika to taste
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF.
2. Scrub potatoes, pierce in several places with fork and arrange in baking dish.
3. Bake for 1 hour, or until tender when pierced with knife. Set aside to cool slightly.
4. Meanwhile, combine green onions and oil in nonstick skillet over medium-high heat; cook stirring, until tender. Transfer to bowl.
5. Cut potatoes lengthwise in half and scoop out as much softened potato as possible,leaving skins intact. Add potato to green onions in bowl. Stir in cottage cheese,
milk, salt and pepper. Stir in cheese.
6. Spoon mixture back into potato skins. Arrange in 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Sprinkle tops with paprika.
7. Bake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until potatoes are heated through and cheese is melted.
Yield: 4 servings