Last weekend I made the dough for these cookies. I was able to make three big logs of it and rolled them up with wax paper and plastic wrap. One log is in the freezer for some other time this winter, and two were placed in the refrigerator. Today I sliced and baked one of the logs so I can take it with me to class tomorrow. It was such an extremely simple recipe and was easy to slice and bake. I love that aspect. I love that I have dough on hand for cookies whenever I want them. Plus, these cookies are absolutely delicious and we liked them a lot! I would definitely make these again. I hope my class likes them!
Cranberry Pistachio Refrigerator Cookies
2 1/2 cups ROBIN HOOD® All Purpose Flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1 cup butter, softened
1 cup granulated sugar
1 1/2 tsp vanilla
3/4 cup pistachio nuts, chopped
3/4 cup cranberries, dried
1. Preheat oven to 375ºF (190ºC)
2. Combine flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla together thoroughly. Add dry ingredinets gradually, mixing until smooth. Stir in nuts and cranberries
4. Shape dough into 2 rolls about 1 1/2 inches (4 cm) in diameter. Wrap in waxed paper or plastic wrap and chill overnight.
5. Cut roll into 1/2 inch (5 mm) slices. Place on cookie sheet.
6. Bake for 8-12 minutes or until light golden. Cool 5 minutes on sheet, then transfer to rack and cool completely.
Plastic wrap boxes work well for shaping square cookies. Line box with plastic wrap and pack dough firmly inside. Wash and dry frozen juice containers and fill with dough for perfectly round cookies. Simply remove bottom of containers and push out the chilled dough. Also, as a substitute for the cranberries and the pistachios, use any combination of your favorite dried fruit and nuts.
Yield: it says 8 dozen but I got about 6 dozen.