Thursday, December 13, 2007

Baked Potato Soup

It's cold, rainy, and icky outside, I've had the most stressful week I've had in a very long time, and Gibby is stressed from school. What better cure than our favorite Baked Potato Soup? This soup never fails to make us happy. It's amazing. We've made this tons and tons of times, which is interesting since I don't repeat a lot of recipes!

I've learned a lot since the first time I made it. For example, zapping the potatoes in the microwave for 10 minutes is just as effective as baking them for an hour. Also, it is important to stir it regularly because milk doesn't like to be heated. Bacos and Bac'n Bits and other soy-based fake-bacon thingies are delicious. And certain kinds of white potatoes dissolve into the soup (though I haven't figured out which kinds yet...). This will certainly continue to be one of our favorite meals.

We took a picture of it, so I'm going to post it here and then back-post it on the original January 2006 post.

soup

1 comment:

Annie said...

ohhhhhhh, danny will loves this. i bet he makes it as soon as he gets his hands on the recipe! YUM.