What do you buy the person who has everything? You don't buy anything, you bake something. I decided to make some sort of sweet baked good for my boss, because he avoids carbs like the plague but misses sweets. Thanks to Splenda for Baking, I attempted to make some delicious cheesecake bars for him. I found the recipe on the Splenda website. However, the recipe calls for graham cracker crumbs, and those have carbs. What to do, what to do? I subbed almond flour (very finely ground almonds) instead. It worked very well. I haven't eaten it (since it's going in a little gift-pan to my boss in the morning) but it smells wonderful. I hope it tastes as good. I will give an update tomorrow when I find out if it's good or not!
Almond Cheesecake Bars
1/4 cup SPLENDA(R) No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
1 1/4 cups graham cracker or vanilla wafer crumbs
1/3 cup light butter, melted
1/4 cup toasted sliced almonds, finely ground
12 ounces reduced fat cream cheese
1/2 cup SPLENDA(R) No Calorie Sweetener, Granulated
2 large eggs
1/4 cup reduced fat sour cream
2 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 teaspoon almond extract
1/4 cup toasted, sliced almonds
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Mix crust ingredients together in a mixing bowl. Mix well. Press into prepared 8x8 pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until firm.
3. Mix cream cheese and SPLENDA(R) Granulated Sweetener together until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time, scraping the sides of the bowl, and mixing well after each addition. Add sour cream, vanilla and almond extracts; mix well. Pour over prepared crust.
4. Bake in preheated oven for 40 to 47 minutes, or until firm.
5. Top with toasted almonds.
Yield: 20 servings