Sunday, August 26, 2007

Fair Food

While dinner is in the oven, I thought I would make a post about the deliciously horrible food we had at the county fair last weekend. The most amazing of all was this delicacy, which I had never seen before:

mmmm

Fried oreos! Deep fried in funnel cake batter and covered in powdered sugar. I ordered some and got this:

mmmm

Oh my goodness, words cannot describe. So horrifically unhealthy, and Gibby made me stop eating them because he was appalled that I could eat more than one of the sugary, fried morsels, but they were just so yummy!!!!! I can't wait for next year, when I can have them again.

He ordered a fried Snickers bar, because it sounded interesting. It came out looking like this:
ew

It kind of looked like a powdered sugar covered corndog. It didn't taste very good. It was kind of weird. We would not order that again.

We also had grilled cheese sandwiches, fries, and lemonade. The fair was wonderful. Fair food is wonderful. It's a time for indulgence, wasting money, and looking at funny animals.

rawr

1 comment:

denise said...

I am thinking of opening a restaurant that only serves fair food. It'll be a huge hit.