Thursday, June 07, 2007

One Skillet 'Bacon' Breakfast

Tonight's meal comes from a cookbook my friend Jessica gave me one year, called 101 Things to Do with a Potato, by Stephanie Ashcraft. It is general knowledge that I love most things involving potatoes, so this was a good cookbook for me to acquire.

We followed the recipe as written, except used soy bacon, a little more egg, and added cheese. Everything is yummier with cheese, and we both agreed it wouldn't have been as good without it. So if you make this, add some cheese!

One Skillet Bacon Breakfast

1-2 Tbsp olive oil
1 1/2 cups grated russet potato, raw
1 cup chopped onion
4 eggs, beaten
3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
Salt & Pepper to taste
4-6 English Muffins

In a large frying pan, heat olive oil. Cook potatoes and onion in hot oil over medium-high heat, covered, 6-7 minutes. Stir and turn potatoes every 2-3 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and onions are transparent.

Pour beaten eggs and crumbled bacon over potato mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Reduce to medium-low heat. Cover and cook an additional 3 minutes. Flip egg and potato over, and cook an additional 2-3 minutes, or until egg is thoroughly cooked. Serve on toasted English Muffins.

Yield: 4-6 servings

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I forgot I bought you that cookbook! I'm glad you liked the recipe from it. I would have been sad if it was a "we will not make this again" recipe. I love and miss you, Lauren!