Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Mom's Best Pancakes

My mom and dad used to make these pancakes a lot when I was growing up. You can toss in some chocolate chips, sprinkle with brown sugar, or serve with syrup. They freeze well, so you can make a big batch and microwave the extras some other time when you are craving pancakes.

Secret: I'd never actually made these pancakes before. I really don't have a lot of experience with pancakes in general. They turned out well though, although they were kind of weird shaped because I suck at flipping them.

Notes: I don't have a griddle so I used a frying pan heated up with some nonstick spray. I made the batter in my stand-mixer. I kept the finished pancakes in a warmed oven to keep them from getting cold.

Here is my mom's recipe, as written by her:

Mom's Best Pancakes

2 eggs
1 1/2 cups milk
4 Tbsp canola oil
2 cups flour
2 Tbsp sugar
6 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt

Beat eggs with hand beater until fluffy. Add milk and oil. Mix. Add rest of ingredients. Stir until smooth.

Heat griddle to 375°. Oil with a paper towel. Make pancakes.

Yield: 18 pancakes

Photo Added April 20, 2011:
pancakes

No comments: