Friday, April 06, 2007

Kinder Happy Hippos

For those of you who have been reading this for awhile (all, like, 2 of you), you may remember in August when I did a snack-swap with an Internet pal in Wales. I sent him a box full of American goodies, and he sent me a box full of Welsh treats. Among those treats, my favorites were the Kinder Happy Hippos.

hippos
Picture stolen from Google Image Search

Kinder Happy Hippos are one of the greatest treats in the world, yet elusive in the Maryland area. Maybe World Market sometimes carries them, but I've never seen them there. They're made by Ferrerro, the same geniuses who created Ferrerro Rocher candies. Basically they are little hippo-shaped crispy wafers filled with vanilla cream and either hazelnut or chocolate cream. I have only had the chocolate cream, but I love it a lot.

Anyway. What is the point of discussing these tasty snackies today? Well, yesterday, as a gift, my wonderful boyfriend bought me FIVE (5) boxes of Happy Hippos off of some European grocer on Amazon. I am so happy. He is the best boyfriend in the entire world.

Thank you, Gibby! <3

2 comments:

Joy said...

i LOVE those freaking hippos.

good job, boyfriend! :)

Denise said...

Aw.