Monday, April 02, 2007

Avocado and Cheddar Sandwiches

We salvaged the hard-drive from my laptop and hooked it up to Gibby's computer, so now I can access all my wonderful files again! Yaaaaay! So my recipe collection has returned. Hoorah!

Tonight we made a sandwich that I saw as a little blurb in an issue of Woman's Day magazine. It's really just a list of ingredients so you can use as much or as little as you want. For example, Gibby had extra mayo and he did not have tomato. We were big fans of this sandwich. It is hard to find a good vegetarian sandwich that doesn't just feel like a bunch of vegetables stuffed between bread (which technically this is, but it doesn't seem like it). We will definitely make this again. I will also make it for lunches sometime.

Avocado and Cheddar Sandwiches
Sandwich sliced tomato, avocado, Cheddar cheese, red onion, and alfalfa sprouts between slices of whole-grain bread spread with chipotle mayonnaise.

Lauren's note: To make the chipotle mayo, take a canned chipotle chile in adobo sauce and mix it into some mayonnaise. You can also buy it at the store.

No comments: