Sunday, March 25, 2007

Cheesy Vegetable Chili

In my previous post about the cheddar bread, I was planning on linking to the chili recipe we made, since I've made it like 13,000 times in my life. It is my standard vegetarian chili recipe. My mom used to make it for me when I still lived at home. I have no idea why I've never posted it on this blog. That is so weird! Well, here you go. This is my favorite chili recipe. It originally came from a Kraft advertisement.

Cheesy Vegetable Chili
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 large green or red pepper, chopped
1/2 lb mushrooms, sliced
1/2 cup chopped onion
2 Tbsp oil
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes with added puree
1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
2 Tbsp chili powder
1 tsp ground cumin
2 cans (15 oz each) kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 cups diced zucchini
1 package (10 oz) Birds Eye sweet Corn, thawed
1 1/2 cups (6 oz) Kraft Natural Shredded Sharp Cheddar Cheese, divided

Cook and stir garlic, peppers, mushrooms, and onions in oil 5 minutes or until vegetables are tender.

Add tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili powder, and cumin. Heat to a boil.

Reduce heat to low; add beans, zucchini and corn. Simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add 1 cup cheese; stir until melted.

Spoon into serving bowls. Top with remaining cheese.

Yield: 8 servings

1 comment:

MattCoon said...

This is my favorite chili, and I have been trying to track down the recipe for years - it's not on the Kraft site (I guess it's too old), or the major recipe sites. Thanks for posting it!