Thursday, February 08, 2007

Dippy Potatoes

It has been a rough week, evident in the fact that I have not updated since Sunday!!

Tuesday night we had Dippy Potatoes. I will post the recipe below. It's what I call a "crap meal," which means that it's easy to throw together, nowhere near being gourmet, and doesn't appear to be a full meal, but it is. It is one of my favorite meals, in fact. My mom used to make it when I was growing up. I guess they kind of turn out like soft potato chips. But we make a lot of them so it ends up being substantial and delicious.

Tonight we had Rumpledethumps, which was tasty but for some reason not as tasty as the last time I made it. I think it needed more garlic or something.


Dippy Potatoes
As written by my mom

Baking potatoes - large or small - washed
Melted butter
Paprika
Garlic salt
Basil leaves (dried/crushed)
Parmesan cheese (grated)
Dip (recipe follows)

Slice potatoes about 1/8" thick.

Place on baking sheet which has been sprayed with nonstick spray. Brush melted butter on each slice. Sprinkle each slice with paprika, garlic salt, and basil leaves. Bake at 400° for 10-15 minutes.

Remove from oven; carefully turn over all slices. Do the butter-paprika-garlic-basil thingy again :) Bake for 10-12 minutes.

Remove from oven. Sprinkle Parmesan on each slice. Put under broiler and watch it until cheese is bubbly, or your smoke detector goes off. :) Remove, eat with dip.

Note: Thicker slices may take longer to bake - eyeball it.

DIP:
Mix Hidden Valley Ranch mix with 16 oz sour cream. Let sit in refrigerator for an hour or more.

No comments: