Friday, December 29, 2006

Bread Machine and Sugar Bread

For Christmas, one of my gifts from Gibby was a breadmaker.

I am excited. It can do everything. We will hopefully be making a lot more bread now, since the machine will do all of the kneading and whatnot for me. We have a good recipe picked out for our first foray into bread-machining when we get back to Maryland (we are currently in Connecticut for the holidays).

On another bread-related note, last night my mom and I baked some Suikerbroode - Dutch sugar bread. I don't have the recipe typed up on this computer so it will have to wait until we're back in Maryland, but it was good. It's wheaty and spicy with lots of sugar and cinnamon and cardamom swirled through it. I'll post the recipe with pictures and a more detailed review in a few days. :-)

I hope everyone (all 3 of you?) is having a wonderful holiday and best wishes for the New Year!

1 comment:

Joy said...

I did have an amazing holiday, even though I didn't get to see you. Hopefully soon !