Saturday, September 02, 2006

Spinach Dip

I found this recipe for Spinach Dip somewhere- maybe on the CLBB? Not sure. But it appealed to me because it's a variation of the ever-present Knorr's Spinach Dip that I love so much.

It was very good, and I enjoyed it with some Harvest Grain crackers. I probably will not make this version again, as I continue my quest for the definitive spinach dip. But I would recommend it to others. It was yummy.

Spinach Dip
1 10-ounce package frozen chopped spinach -- thawed
1 8-ounce can water chestnuts -- chopped
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup dairy sour cream
1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2 cloves garlic -- minced
Salt and pepper

Drain spinach and squeeze dry. In a bowl, combine dip ingredients; season with salt and pepper; Chill 8 hours or overnight. Adjust seasoning before serving.

Yield: 3 cups of dip

No comments: