Sunday, September 03, 2006

Egg & Sausage Burritos

My ma used to make these when I was younger, but then I stopped eating meat and the world was sad. But then I discovered vegetarian sausage, which tastes remarkably like real sausage since the sage and other herbs are what make it taste good in the first place.

This isn't a "real" recipe because you can vary it however you want, but I will approximate what I used. Keep in mind that I am only one person but I was hungry today so I made two burritos. Usually one burrito + a breakfasty side dish (hashbrowns or something) is more than enough food. So I guess this recipe is for two people.

Egg & Sausage Burritos
3 eggs
3 veggie sausage patties (or about 1/3 of a package of Gimme Lean), cooked according to package instructions and cut into small pieces
1-2 Tbsp diced green chiles (from a can)
2 fajita-sized tortillas
Sour cream
Shredded cheese (I used a Mexican blend of Cheddar, Jack, and Cotija)

Scramble the eggs in a frying pan. At the last minute, throw in the chiles and cook a little bit more. Add the sausage. Divide mixture between the two tortillas and top with sour cream and cheese. Roll up and consume.

No comments: