Monday, July 17, 2006

Sunrise Sandwiches

I've had this recipe from a Pillsbury ad for awhile, so I decided to try it.

I used reduced-fat biscuits and reduced the amount of butter. I omitted the onion (due to laziness) and the bacon (because the store was out of veggie bacon). If I made it again, I would make sure to use the bacon. It was good. I don't know if I will make it again, because I want to try other variations, but it was good. We had it with frozen hashbrowns, yum yum.

Sunrise Sandwiches
1 can (16.3-oz) Pillsbury® Grands!® refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
8 slices bacon, cut in half
1 tablespoon margarine
1/4 cup chopped green bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped onion
8 eggs, beaten
8 slices American Cheese

1. Prepare biscuits and bacon as directed on packages.

2. Melt margarine in medium skillet. Add bell pepper and onion; cook and stir until tender.

3. Pour eggs into skillet; cook until set, stirring occasionally. Season with salt and pepper to taste.

4. Split biscuits; fill each with egg, cheese and bacon.

No comments: