Friday, June 23, 2006

Taco Salad

Once upon a time I made this for xx and he hated it. But that was back when he hated all vegetables and all salads. So I decided to try it again. The recipe I've always had (that my mom used to make) is very similar to this Paula Deen recipe. I incorporated elements of both. Next time I will make tortilla shells to serve it in because those are always delicious.

Anyway, so he really liked it this time. He pretty much inhaled it. He even ate the leftovers. Crazy!!

Edit: I forgot to mention that I used soy crumbles instead of the beef. And I seasoned it with some taco seasoning.

Taco Salad
2 ripe tomatoes, diced
1/2 pound sharp Cheddar, diced
1 large onion, diced
1 head iceberg lettuce, washed, drained and shredded
1 pound lean ground beef, browned, crumbled and drained
1 cup salad dressing (recommended: Catalina)
1 (7-ounce) bag taco flavored chips, crushed
1 cup salsa
Tortilla chips, to serve

Combine the tomatoes, cheese, onion, lettuce, and ground beef in a large bowl. Add the salad dressing and mix well. Just before serving, add the taco chips, tossing to combine with other ingredients. Top each serving with salsa. Serve with tortilla chips.

Yield: 6-8 servings

No comments: