Saturday, June 03, 2006

Olive Garden Salad Dressing

Today I actually bought ingredients to make dinners every single day this week! Hoorah! Unfortunately today was too stressful so I didn't feel like making the meal I had planned for today, hahaha! So I decided to experiment with an Olive Garden copycat recipe I found on this website. It is for their salad dressing, which is one of my favorite things about Olive Garden in general. I had already bought some bagged salad mix so I pulled out the food processor and made a batch of dressing to go with it.

The results: It is very good and is very similar to the 'real' dressing! I think I added a bit too much lemon juice though. I would cut back on that a little bit next time. Also, I didn't have corn syrup so it was very runny. The corn syrup is necessary to make it thicker, and also to add a tid bit of sweetness to take the edge off the lemon. So don't omit it like I did. I also added some freshly ground pepper, which was nice. I will definitely make this again though, especially when I have dinner guests who love Olive Garden.

Olive Garden Salad Dressing
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/3 cup white vinegar
1 teaspoon vegetable oil
2 tablespoons corn syrup
2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons Romano cheese
1/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/2 teaspoon dried parsley
1 tablespoon lemon juice

For the salad:
American-blend bagged salad mix
red onion slices
black olives
banana peppers
croutons
tomatoes, quartered
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated

Mix all ingredients in a blender or processor until well blended. Add a little sugar to taste if too tart. Create salad to your liking and toss with dressing.

Yield: I got about 1 cup of dressing from this recipe.

No comments: