Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Creamy Tortellini

Tonight I made a recipe for Creamy Tortellini, from the Kraft Foods website. I picked it because it was extremely quick to make, and since I work late on Wednesdays, that was important.

My only change to it was that I didn't use any cherry tomatoes, because we didn't have any. It was pretty good, and I got it together in about 8 minutes. I will make it again, but I will add the tomatoes next time, because I like tomatoes.

Creamy Tortellini
1 pkg. (16 oz.) DI GIORNO Three Cheese Tortellini
1-1/2 cups milk
4 oz. (1/2 of 8-oz. pkg.) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
6 Tbsp. KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese, divided
Grated peel from 1 medium lemon
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1/2 cup quartered cherry tomatoes

COOK tortellini as directed on package.

MEANWHILE, place milk and cream cheese in large skillet. Cook on medium heat until cream cheese is melted and mixture is well blended, stirring occasionally. Stir in 4 Tbsp. (1/4 cup) of the Parmesan cheese and the lemon peel. Add spinach; stir to coat. Drain pasta. Add to spinach mixture in skillet; mix lightly.

SPRINKLE with tomatoes and remaining 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese just before serving.

No comments: