Thursday, May 11, 2006

Chocolate Chip Cookie Pie

For my first round of "Let's eat use up what's in the freezer before we move," I decided to make this pie that I found on the Cooking Light bulletin boards. I already had all the baking materials, a frozen pie crust, and chocolate chips. I also had some peanut butter chips so I tossed those in, too, instead of the walnuts (which I did not have). I also reduced the amount of butter from 3/4 cup to 1/2 cup because that was all I had.

This pie was freaking awesome. It's very rich and yummy. I will definitely make this again sometime. Yum yum yum.

Tollhouse Pie
2 eggs
1/2 c flour
1/2 c sugar
1/2 c brown sugar
3/4 c butter, melted and cooled
6 oz chocolate chips
1 c chopped walnuts, optional
1 9-inch unbaked pie shell

Preheat oven to 325. Beat eggs until foamy; beat in flour, sugar, and brown sugar until well-blended. Blend in melted butter. Stir in chocolate chips and nuts. Pour into pie shell. Bake at 325 for 1 hour. Serve warm or at room temperature with whipped cream or ice cream.

No comments: