Saturday, March 11, 2006

Veggie Planet

Tonight I went out to dinner with Dana and Ellen. Dana took us to Veggie Planet in Cambridge. It is a very well-known vegetarian/vegan restaurant. I'd heard of their cookbook before so I was excited to try it. It was so yummy! Very hippie, preparing for a folk-concert, but it was very tasty. I had the "Vegan Peanut Curry" pizza, containing coconut rice, tofu, broccoli, and Thai red peanut curry sauce. Someone had the "Mexican Bean Pizza," consisting of a black bean puree, monterey jack cheese, and tomato salsa. All of our pizzas were delicious.

SO delicious, in fact, that I came home and ordered a used copy of their cookbook, Vegetarian Planet by Didi Emmons. $6! Hoorah. I'll definitely be making some recipes from that as soon as I get it in the mail. I looked through the index and I know it at least has the pizza dough recipe (whole wheat!) and a couple of the pizzas. It will be fun :)

No comments: