Sunday, March 19, 2006

Lemon Parsley Bruschetta

Tonight I made spinach-artichoke dip and chips for dinner. Delicious!

But that's not all! Lemons were on sale so I was inspired to try a recipe Giada de Laurentiis made on her show last week. When the episode was on, I was like "Woah that looks yummy." So! Tonight we had some Lemon-Parsley Bruschetta to start the meal. I guess I wasn't thinking at all when I was making it because instead of using olive oil, I used melted butter. And I didn't have a whole garlic clove, so I mixed in some minced garlic before I microwaved the butter to melt it. But it was still really good!!! It was a lot of fun to break in my grill pan. It gave the bread such lovely little grill marks and made me happy. The concensus was that the dish was delicious, would be excellent with pasta, and is a definite make-again.

Lemon-Parsley Bruschetta
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
6 (3 1/2 by 1/2-inch-thick) slices rustic white bread, halved
1 large garlic clove
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves

Whisk the olive oil and lemon juice in a small bowl to blend. Season with salt. Heat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Grill the bread until golden brown, about 2 minutes per side. Rub the cut sides of the toasts with the garlic. Generously brush the lemon mixture over the bread. Sprinkle with the parsley. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

Makes 6 servings

Photo added November 1, 2008:
bruschetta

No comments: