Monday, January 30, 2006

Chile Con Queso

Tonight we had a cheese dip that I found in a Cabot Cheese advertisement. It was good and served its purpose, but I probably won't make it again. I changed a couple of things, so what I'm posting is not 100% the original recipe. I did find it to be a little salty, but I'm PMSy so maybe that's why. *shrug* It's good if you want a really quick snacky food, especially for the Super Bowl this weekend.

Chile Con Queso
4 Tbsp salted butter
1 1/4 cups chopped onion (1 large)
1 (14.5 oz) can diced rotel tomatoes [Note: Rotel tomatoes have green chilies mixed in]
12 oz shredded light cheddar cheese or light jalapeno cheddar (about 3 cups)
Tabasco sauce or cayenne pepper (optional)


1. In medium saucepan, melt butter. Add onion and stir until tender. Add tomatoes and simmer until thickened, about 10 minutes.

2. Reduce heat to low. Add cheese and stir until just melted. Season with Tabasco or cayenne to taste. Serve warm with baked tortilla chips.



Also, I am very happy to announce that Edy's Girl Scout Cookie Ice Cream - Tagalong flavor is very good. It kind of tastes like Reese's Pieces or peanut butter cup ice cream, but it's a little bit better because it has pieces of cookie mixed in.

No comments: