Saturday, November 12, 2005

I didn't make a dinner. I just ate leftover potatoes from earlier in the week. Lots of hummus and crackers, too.

Tonight Joy is coming over for dinner, so I am going to make my favorite fettuccine bolognese (vegetarian version). I also might make some cookies but I haven't decided.

Here is the recipe for dinner tonight:
(The meat version is from RealSimple magazine)

1 Tbsp olive oil
1 large yellow onion, diced
3 stalks celery, diced
1 carrot, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 lb soy crumbles
1 cup dry white wine
1 cup milk
1 6 oz can tomato paste
1 14 1/2 oz can diced tomatoes, undrained
1/4 tsp red pepper
1 Tbsp dried oregano
1/4 cup dried parsley
2 1/2 tsp kosher salt
1/4 tsp black pepper
1/8 tsp ground nutmeg
1/4 cup grated Parmesan

In a Dutch oven, over medium heat, heat the oil. Add the onion and saute for 2 minutes. Add the celery, carrot, and garlic and cook for 5 minutes more. Add the soy crumbled and cook until brown. Add the wine and the remaining ingredients and simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently (because the soy crumbles will stick to the pot). Serve with cooked fettuccine. Sprinkle with Parmesan.

No comments: